Saturday 6 October 2007

Saltaire Festival

In September I showed some of my jewellery as part of the Saltaire Festival. The Russian Firebird Necklace was exhibited in the World Heritage Art Competition representing St Petersburg - which was very exciting for me and I was so proud to see it up there on display with lots of amazing paintings and photography.

I also had a stall in the craft fair which was held in the beautiful Victoria Hall. It is such a pleasure to take part in any event in Saltaire because it is a great place full with such an interesting history. I shall be there next in November for a Winter Warmer craft fair and again in December for the Christmas show.


The craft fair was without a doubt the best one I've ever taken part in. Everything for sale was locally made handicrafts from jewellery to cards, paintings, pottery, altered books & ties. There was a street festival, continental market and beer festival too. Lots of things going on over the weekend and I met loads of great people.

We were also treated to live music acts. I totally fell in love with the music of Paula Ryan. She is a very talented singer songwriter and a lovely lady. She is from Ireland and sang a song in Gaelic called "Havin' The Craic!" which was amazing. My new favourite song. http://www.myspace.com/paularyansingersongwriter

Looking forward to next year ..






No comments: