Sunday 25 November 2007

Work In Progress


I've been having some, erm, painter's block this last couple of weeks. This unfinished painting was a response to "Diary" on IMT all that time ago. Its all about change and transformation and the idea came about when I was prompted to write in my diary again by the theme. I was amazed to revisit some of the old entries and see how much I have changed in the year or so since I last wrote.

So I was really inspired and rather ambitiously embarked on this massive self-portrait.

I have done a little bit more than in the picture but I just can't seem to progress with it. I think its because I haven't got my likeness quite right and I'm finding it really off putting - I think its my nose!



However the theme at my art therapy class this week was "Change" and I decided to revisit the image of my original painting. So I came up with this quick painting in watercolour. I was trying to loosen up with it a bit and hopefully push past my creative block.


I can get quite uptight with paintings if I'm not careful especially if they are not going well (my pesky perfectionist side taking over) so I just wanted to be a bit freer and try and re-connect with the theme.


So I'm going to have another go at the big painting this week and see how far I get.
Here also is an unfinished necklace I seem to have been working on for ages. It is the Anemone Necklace Kit from The Spellbound Bead Co.
It was so complicated, probably the hardest one I've done so far and I've already spent over 11 hours stitching!
I'm stuck with the strap now the front section is done. I wanted to do something a bit different from the kit instructions and I suppose I'm just waiting for inspiration to hit.

No comments: