Wednesday 23 January 2008

Art Pilgrimage Part One


To start off the new year I decided to fulfill an ambition and go and visit my favourite ever painting. "Crows Over Wheatfields" by van Gogh. It is at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. This painting truly changed my life and is where it all started for me. The passion and emotion in this painting was profound to teenage-me when I first saw it in a book and learnt about it. So to see it in real life was amazing and quite emotional all over again.
So now when I look at it I can see lots of new things there. For example there is a hair from the paintbrush stuck in the paint just above the big cloud!
I wanted to capture and remember the moment and how I felt right there in the gallery.
This is the second little painting here - of that moment and my thoughts.
It was a great experience and a good start to the new year for me. I've as much as possible decided to just go for it. Do and see the things I've always wanted to. Stop putting things off and dedicate time and energy to the things I am passionate about.

No comments: