Wednesday 23 January 2008

On The Road

To pass the time of the long car journeys on my trip to Amsterdam I did these sketches. This first one is of things I saw from the window of the coach when travelling from Rotterdam into Amsterdam. It was quite a dark rainy day as you can tell. Although I did get to see a windmill which kind of made up for it :-)

The second one here are a couple of pages from my new mini-sketchbook. What I do is just move the pen across the page gently and the bumps in the road make the random spikes and shapes. I've just coloured them in back home to make them look more interesting.
I used to do this when I was little travelling in the back of the car. I'd run my finger along the condensation on the window and the bumps and turns in the journey would make my hand fling about allover and make patterns on the windows.

No comments: