Sunday 2 March 2008

Butterflies

Here is an interesting piece of art I saw at the Tate Liverpool. A really eye-striking collage by Damien Hirst which looks like a stained glass window. It caught my eye from right across the other side of the gallery and I was thinking how beautiful it was. So I went over to have a closer look... .. Then ugh!!

Made from real butterflies. Loads of them stuck down on the canvas. Amazing - totally and equally beautiful and repulsive at the same time.

I'd told my mum about it and described it to her. She got me this scarf as a gift because she thought it sounded just like the picture.



Here my cat Mora got herself wrapped up in it for a snooze. So from repulsive and beautiful to just beautiful and cute. I don't think Damien Hirst would be v. amused!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That scarf simply is too beautiful for words. Looove it!

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Mora is just so darn cute! And she's got beautiful taste in scarves! Simply gorgeous!

Unknown said...

that butterfly collage is amazing and that scarf is so sweeeeeeet...

great post...

Diana

Crafty Green Poet said...

The scarf is gorgeous and the collage looks wonderful but its a bit sick to use live butterflies like that.