Friday 7 March 2008

Fed Up but Finally Finished

I've been having a bit of a miserable patch the last couple of weeks. Haven't done very much of anything. I'm finally snapping out of it and getting things done.

So here are a couple of self-portraits I've finally finished. Thanks to Pattie, M. Heart and Laurel for your kind words of encouragement when I got stuck Before with the first one.
As ever once I can actually drag myself out of bed and sit at my desk to paint it becomes easier. By painting about what is troubling me it helps me move forward and let the (in this case) grief and anger go. Phew ..

So here is a self-portrait of me grieving after the loss of someone very very dear to me.

This one is about reaching out for help when I felt I was drowning.

I want to mention Pattie's post Focus which helped me out when I was feeling down. Thank you.

2 comments:

Umā said...

this is awesome!

Angie in AZ said...

Wow, these are some of the most powerful pieces I've seen from anyone in a long, long time. I mean a LONG time. Fantastic work. The emotion comes through really loud and clear. You did an amazing job capturing those emotions. I am so drawn to art from the heart... raw. These pieces completely capture my attention.